Last night I woke up several times to a screaming baby. Though this sounds like a hard night, I realized that I got at least three hours sleep between screams. For any of you who have had children you know that sleep becomes a precious commodity while they are babies. Your schedule begins to mold to their schedule. When they sleep for three hours, so do you.
Three hours to some of you may seem like little time between being awoken, but this is better than every two hours or even no sleep at all. So be thankful for what you get, and do not turn down the opportunity to get a nap in. Gratitude for small blessings leads to bigger blessings. Psalm 100:4 states, "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."
Let us all recognize the tender mercies of the Lord in our lives and give thanks for what he has given us. Especially for the little blessings that fill our lives each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment